Meet Larry Gaffey
Larry Gaffey is the Founder and Managing Partner at Gaffey & Associates, PLC, Certified Public Accountants. His responsibilities include the management and strategic direction of the firm’s activities, while his specific focus is the delivery of the firm’s services in the areas of Executive & Entrepreneurial Services, Tax & Estate Planning and Business Advisory.
With over 25 years of experience in accounting, tax, and financial planning for individuals and businesses, Larry provides professional guidance in the following areas:
- Outlining key steps in strategy development and achieving business goals.
- Structuring transactions and entities to achieve the greatest net return.
- Reviewing investment criteria, selection and performance.
- Minimizing the tax burden and maximizing the deferral associated with wealth accumulation and management.
- Strategic planning for the closely-held businesses and their owners.
- Planning the proper division of family wealth in a multi-generational setting.
- Counseling on the effective use of living wills, trusts and powers of attorney
Prior to forming Gaffey Deane & Talley, Larry was the Founding and Managing Partner – Murphy, Deane and Gaffey, CPA’s. There, Larry was responsible for the leadership and management of the firm’s operations. In addition, Larry has prior experience as a Senior Tax Manager with a large regional accounting firm. His background also includes significant business management experience as President of Juliano’s, a restaurant chain, and as Managing Member of Salient Advisory Group.
Larry has a strong background in business analysis, strategic management, and business and personal planning. Some of his significant achievements include:
- Serving on the Board of Directors and Board of Advisors for numerous companies.
- Trustee and/or financial advisor to a wide variety of trusts.
- Frequent guest lecturer at local colleges on financial and estate planning.
- Charter member of the AICPA Tax Division.
- Past President and Co-Founder of the Washington Executives Association.
- Directed the estate and financial planning division of a California corporation.
- Tax manager of a “Big Four” accounting firm.
- Served as CFO for numerous Stage 1 companies.
- Principal of Spire Securities, LLC
Larry attended the United States Air Force Academy and holds a Bachelors degree in Accounting from the Michigan State University. He is a Certified Public Accountant.